Last Updated on 12 December 2008 by gerry
This recipe came from Sue Cook’s “What DO You Eat?” It is nice, simple and uses maple syrup rather than sugar. It usually turns out lovely and light.
- 250g plain self raising flour
- 85ml Sunflower Oil
- 170ml maple syrup
- 170ml soya milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5 or equivalent
- Sieve flour into mixing bowl
- In a jug, whisk together the oil, maple syrup, soya milk, vanilla essence and vinegar
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and beat well until smooth.
- Grease an 8-inch cake tin
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes
- Leave to cool for an hour or more
- Use a large bread knife to slice horizontally in half to make a sandwich and spread a jam or filling of your choice on one half